Monday, April 29, 2019

Anki Robotics Shutting Down

When I first heard of Anki from one of Apple's keynote events, I genuinely thought they had one of the coolest demos. Anki Drive reminded me of the RC cars you could race on a track. It seemed like an evolution, where you could have the cars drive themselves. I always wanted to try them out, but I never got around to it. Unfortunately, it seems like they won't be around for much longer. Recode today shared the news that Anki is shutting down on Wednesday due to lack of sufficient funding. Even more unfortunate is the fact that their products will eventually become obsolete due to their reliance on apps. If Anki isn't around to update the apps anymore, they will become more difficult to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!