Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Impressions of ARKit

Today, I got a chance to try out some apps made for ARKit. I've tried IKEA Place, which lets you place IKEA furniture in your house and HomeCraft, a similar app that lets you place generic furniture in your home. Both were very solid. I was impressed. It just takes a quick calibration where you point the camera at the floor and it works like magic. Most AR apps I've used have trouble pinning the object down to the floor and don't move naturally. ARKit does a great job of keeping the object pinned down and making it feel natural. I'm excited to use more apps that use ARKit in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!