Sunday, September 3, 2017

Siri Leadership Transferred to Craig Federighi

At WWDC, we saw some vast changes for Siri, specifically machine learning, something Apple usually doesn't do for privacy reasons. This can likely be attributed to the Siri leadership position being transferred to Craig Federighi. We didn't see many new features for Siri aside from translations, but perhaps this is the framework of a new Siri. If this is true, that would be great going down the road, as we would probably see less "5 new Siri features each year" and more "Let's just ask Siri." I've mentioned how if I have a random trivial question, I can ask Alexa and she'll tell me the answer a majority of the time. Meanwhile, I don't bother with Siri because I know she'll just do a Bing search and move me over to Safari, defeating the purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!