Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The State of tvOS

tvOS takes up a very small portion of WWDC each year. It makes some sense. tvOS isn't the most integral product in Apple's lineup. However, I think if Apple is going to put more focus in fixing bugs in iOS 12 and macOS 10.14, we should see more tvOS features to compensate. I always forget that tvOS exists until the update pops up on the device. Then, I see about three notable features that I'll never use. Amazon Prime TV is not a feature, it's an app developed by Amazon. That should not be one of the biggest "features" of tvOS 11. While I don't have any feature suggestions at the moment, I think it's time for Apple to finally wow us with what the Apple TV is capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!