Saturday, May 19, 2018

Samsung's 'iPhone 6' Ad

Samsung released an ad the other day mostly about the iPhone 6 of all things. The ad basically shows a woman going throughout her day and why her life is horrible because she still has an iPhone 6. Lag is the main issue that is shown, likely an homage to the whole "old iPhones lag to conserve battery" thing. It's typical Samsung mudslinging. It may be somewhat effective to the regular consumer, due to their potential lack of knowledge on the subject. They may not even realize it's an iPhone 6 and not a newer model. My take is there's nothing saying why I should pick Samsung. If I'm going to have to buy a new phone, why not stay in my ecosystem? Especially considering that the Samsung flagship phone equivalent of the iPhone 6 is the Samsung Galaxy Note5 (both released in late 2015) cannot run Android Oreo, Android's latest software, while the iPhone 6 is. In addition, iPhone 6 users can get their worn-out lithium-ion batteries replaced for just $30. Overall, the ad is very flawed when taking an analytical look at it, but that's expected of Samsung ads these days. I'm not saying all Apple ads are perfect either. In fact, I really don't like a lot of the recent Apple advertisements that I've seen lately, even if most of them don't bash other companies. All phones are very similar these days and I think it's more important to highlight your own features and capabilities rather than bash on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!