Saturday, January 28, 2017

The Magic of Pokémon Games

There's no denying that Pokémon has made its place in society. Whether that was in 1996, when it wasn't cool to play video games, or in 2016, where it was cool to play Pokémon Go for two months. It's safe to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience in Pokémon Sun, the latest installment of the series. The story, the new mechanics, and the music. I continuously find myself listening to the game's soundtrack at school. But the icing on the cake was Pokémon Bank. Pokémon Bank is a step in the right direction for Nintendo, as it is the closest thing we've seen to a cloud-based storage system that is future-proofed. It essentially allows you to store all 802 Pokémon from all of the games online. That aside, it did get me to take a look at my old copy of Pokémon Diamond. This was the first Pokémon game I owned. I remember getting it because my friends were playing either Diamond or Pearl. I booted it up and found the various pocket monsters in their boxes. I think the fact that I named a Bidoof "Fat Racoon" proves I didn't understand the game at all at the time. But it was so cool to see my old partners from the Sinnoh region. I think that is part of the magic of the Pokémon franchise. It's been around so long, you don't just get to see your Pokémon evolve, but the entire series too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!