Friday, January 27, 2017

The iPad Turns 7

Seven years ago today, the iPad was announced. The iPad was absolutely essential to creating the post-PC market. I remember distinctly watching the iPad being announced when I was in the fifth grade. By the time most of my classmates heard what the iPad was, they thought I meant iPod, which ironically is irrelevant today. The iPad brought the beautiful interface of the iPhone to a larger screen, allowing developers to create bolder, more detailed apps. The New York Times app was mind blowing to me. I had never seen a digital newspaper on such a screen before. The MLB At Bat app showed real-time baseball game data in an immersive way. The iPad has shaped the tablet industry as a whole, and today, we celebrate its seventh year of existence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!