Sunday, April 24, 2016

Feature Request: Instant Export

With several mostly internal updates to OS X and iOS in the past few years, I'm hoping that Apple has some feature-heavy updates for us at WWDC. One of those features should be something along the lines of this. When working with things like editing software, you typically have to export your file to have it be useful anywhere. For example, when you create an image in Pixelmator, you have to export it to a JPEG or a PNG file. You typically can't upload a Pixelmator file to a website requesting an image. However, if Apple added a feature that would take these files and could optionally export it to the appropriate file type for that one instance, that would save me a lot of time. An example of this is if I made an image in Pixelmator and needed to upload it to Tech Talk 4 Geeks, I would just have to drag and drop the Pixelmator file into the uploader, and OS X would ask me if I would like to convert it. Hopefully we will see this in a future update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!