Sunday, September 7, 2014

Notable Changes To The Blog

As you may have noticed, there have been multiple changes to Tech Talk 4 Geeks. After about two years, I think it's time for a change. Don't worry! Everything continues to function the same, it's just some cosmetic changes. In addition, these changes should improve your overall experience on the blog. Here are the main changes:

The Heading

Before
After
 The first change you'll notice is the heading. Before it the link bar had a strange and unsymmetrical feel to it. Now, all the links are on one organized line.

Color Scheme

I took advantage of this opportunity and did a little branding. A lot of the page is coated orange (to compliment Tech Talk 4 Geeks' logo). I know the logo isn't shown a lot and I feel this helps represent Tech Talk 4 Geeks.

Width Adjustments

Before
After
Notice that the iWatch picture in the before picture is partially overlapped by the Twitter widget. That has been fixed in this change. You can now view the picture in all of its glory.

Labels

Before

After
In the before picture, the labels (a.k.a. tags) went way past the posts. This made it awkward getting to the end of the page. This has also been fixed. With this new layout, the tags (along with the other widgets) are condensed.

What do you think?

I hope you like these changes as much as I do! Be sure to leave your feedback in the poll at the the top of the page or below (Voting ends September 30th). If you have a suggestion (color changes, etc.), please tell me in the comments below! Thanks!

Do you like the new redesign?

1 comment:

  1. I am going to hold off on voting for awhile. The changes will take getting used to. Can you make the size of the letters bigger? That would help me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!