Sunday, February 17, 2019

MacBook Pro Batteries

In 2016, Apple released the first MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar, and one of the biggest issues consumers had with the device was the poor battery life. Eventually, Apple pushed a software update that supposedly fixed the poor battery life. And while it did improve battery life, Apple also removed the estimated time remaining indicator for battery life. With Apple supposedly less confident in the laptop's battery performance, all MacBooks were affected by this and now no one can get an estimate of how much longer a battery will last. From here, there hasn't been much news on these models. I use my 2016 MacBook Pro for virtually everything I do and in the past few months, the battery has been depleting more and more quickly. My previous MacBook Pro didn't get this bad after four years, so it's disappointing to see my new MacBook Pro get this bad after just over two years. Now, macOS warns me that I need to service my battery soon and something tells me that we may hear more about this in the news soon. I would hope Apple had a replacement program for these models, because it's fairly common knowledge to owners of these laptops that the battery performance is very subpar, especially for a MacBook Pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!