Monday, April 9, 2018

Apple Music Playlist Covers

I was going through my Apple Music library and I found that my playlist covers were not aesthetically pleasing. In the "Recently Added" view, playlists are shown in the same area as albums. By default, playlists show up to four quarters of album artwork contained in the playlist. The issue? This often makes playlists blend into your albums. In addition, you don't have much say which albums are shown in the art, so if you have multiple playlists that share albums, they may look very similar. However, in the "For You" section, you'll find curated mixes for you, like the "Chill Mix." The artwork for these mixes are simple, the Apple Music logo with the title text below it on top of a simple gradient. This art is nice and simplistic, but it also pops. So, I made some mockups of my own playlists. Personally, I think letting Apple Music users have the ability to natively create their own playlist artwork would be great. Adding more customization to a playlist makes it more personal and encourages sharing. Plus, you can easily pick them out when surrounded by albums. I would like it if Apple made this more accessible to Apple Music users.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!