Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Home Button May Hide on Home Screen on iPhone 8

According to Bloomberg, the digital Home Button on the iPhone 8 would be replaced by the dock in iOS 11 for the iPad Pro while on the Home Screen. Getting to the App Switcher would likely be via gesture. This is half and half for me. I like the idea of saving space where it can be, but at the same time, the Home Button does have some uses on the Home Screen. Even at the iPhone 7 announcement, Apple noted how useful the Home Button is. App Switcher, Siri, Apple Pay, TOUCH ID (*cough* *cough*), haptics, and screen shots. I don't want to learn new gestures for all of these. We have enough space on the Home Screen as it is in my opinion.

Image Credit: Olivier Charavel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!