Tuesday, May 24, 2016

SiriKit Finally Coming At WWDC?

This is a feature I feel is long overdue. Apple is planning to give developers the ability to program commands into Siri, according to The Information. Apple will take measures to ensure that this is used responsibly. I'm assuming that Apple will use their new favorite naming scheme for their APIs and will name it SiriKit (in line with watchKit, HealthKit, etc.). This would also coincide with OS X gaining Siri support. This year seems to be Siri's big year and for good reason. This would suggest that this will be a feature-heavy update for the Apple ecosystem, something we've been needing for a while. Personally, if SiriKit is true, I hope Starbucks takes advantage of this because I want to do mobile orders, hands-free, while I drive to a Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!