Saturday, March 24, 2018

My Thoughts on a Lower Cost iPad

Apple is expected to announce a lower cost iPad this Tuesday. Potentially, it could be just $259. Whether this is a new, improved model or a price drop, this is exciting news. There is the possibility that this is a watered down model, but we don't have much reason to believe this currently. I think the base model iPad has the best bang for its buck currently. I have mixed feelings about the iPad Pro, but the idea that the base model could get cheaper is an interesting thought. Hopefully, not much is sacrificed. We've heard rumors of Apple Pencil support. I think this makes sense on both sides. Apple Pencil probably isn't selling too well because it's only for the iPad Pro, and it has huge potential for education and everyday tasks. On the other hand, this takes away the distinctive traits of the iPad Pro. The iPad Pro does have significantly better processing power which shines in the right apps. I do think it's time to give Apple Pencil more potential and compatibility. I'll give more thoughts about this when we see what direction Apple takes this on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!