Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Apple's Education Event Impressions

Apple had quite a few announcements lined up for the education side of technology today. While we didn't get much on the consumer side, I can understand why a press release might not have done it justice. That being said, I'm not sure how much traction in schools Apple will gain from this. We have a refreshed iPad with Apple Pencil support and A10 Fusion Chip. It costs $299 for schools, and remains at $329 for educators. If you are eligible for Apple's Education Store discount (student, family, or staff of educational institution), this iPad will run $309 for 32 GB. Given the crazy price difference between the iPad and the iPad Pro, I'm fairly confident we will get an "iPhone X style" iPad this WWDC. I also found the Logitech Crayon interesting. A $49 stylus as an alternative to Apple Pencil. I like the naming convention. I'm looking forward to the Apple Space Pen. Aside from this, we got some software updates for iWork. All in all, this event has me more excited for WWDC if anything. The iPad refresh is nice. I actually prefer the 9.7" iPad to the 10.5" iPad. The bezels aren't as thin, which prevents a ton of accidental inputs (especially on video scrubbing). The keyboard is easier to type on for me as well. Just by going off of what we know about it, the new 9.7" iPad looks like a great tablet for the average consumer with excellent value.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!