Monday, March 26, 2018

Foxconn Acquires Belkin

Foxconn assembles many of Apple's products and Belkin creates many accessories for Apple's products, but I never pictured one buying the other. Today, Foxconn acquired Belkin for $866 million. That's a lot of money for those keeping track at home. The Belkin brand encompasses Wemo, Linksys, and more. Belkin will continue to operate under its current brand name as a subsidiary to Foxconn, similar to the Beats acquisition. I am a fan of Belkin, and while I don't anticipate this acquisition to have any major effects on the consumer side, I am curious to see if we notice any positive change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!