Tuesday, February 26, 2013

iOS 6.1: Is it worth it?

Before you upgrade your iPhone to iOS 6.1 or above, take note that this update brings a bug that can allow anyone that steals your phone to possibly unlock the passcode. Although they can't do much, they CAN access your contacts, voicemail, and recent calls. They can't do anything else (eg. change the passcode, delete apps, etc.). However, they can call people. The process is risky to do this trick, but I won't actually tell you how to do it for security reasons. Off the top of my head, the best way to protect your phone from being hacked, is by putting it in airplane mode when you lock it. While I haven't tested this, my theory is that it COULD work (UPDATE: It turns out that this doesn't work. Sorry.). I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!