Thursday, June 28, 2018

Amazon Echo to Reduce Need for Power Cords

Most smart speakers are confined to a wall outlet for power. One thing that has been inconvenient with my Amazon Echo is moving it around. Or if a power outage happened overnight and the power came back on in my sleep, Alexa would wake me up with a spontaneous "Hello." Amazon plans to move away from the need for constant power from an outlet [Source: Reuters]. A special chip would be used for lower power consumption. I could see this become useful for Alexa. However, I don't see something like HomePod needing this, because "Hey, Siri" works on so many portable devices like iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!