Saturday, July 8, 2017

iPhones in High Temperatures

I recently went to Arizona just to find my iPhone overheating. I've only experienced this one other time when I left my iPad in a hot car. iPhones aren't exactly meant to operate over a temperature of 95°F. Depending on certain factors, you will start noticing overheating symptoms when your flash refuses to activate. In the Camera app, the flash button will be replaced by a warning triangle and the flashlight function in Control Center is greyed out. If it's hot enough, your iPhone will be locked until it cools down. The only available function is an emergency call. Be careful if you find yourself in this situation and quickly find a way to cool down your phone. Nothing dangerous is likely to come of this (depending on the temperature), but heat can dramatically ruin your battery life.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!