Thursday, March 3, 2016

Amazon Tap and Echo Dot

I have a lot of respect for Amazon. The book store that turned themselves into the revolutionary online store that sold almost anything. But then the spark died with their Fire series ironically. Kindle Fire and Fire phone kept me from their ecosystem. Enter Amazon Echo, the $179 virtual assistant. At first I was skeptical, but after seeing Alexa in action at my friend's house, I was really pleased to see how useful Amazon Echo could be even without an Amazon device. Play music, turn on lights, order a pizza. It was truly universal. Heck, it works better than Apple HomeKit in my case as it supports Wemo. I really want to get one for myself and hope to soon.

Anyways, this morning I check the news and was surprised to see Amazon Echo in my top stories. That's when I heard about Amazon Tap and Echo Dot. Amazon Tap is a portable, cheaper version of Amazon Echo. As far as I can tell, the only real catch is that you have to press a button to give commands. Next, Echo Dot is basically a cheaper Amazon Echo that acts as a relay device. It requires an Amazon Echo to even buy it. Seriously, you have to ask Alexa to order you an Echo Dot. Well played Amazon. Basically, if you already have an Echo and want another for another room, just buy one of these for $90. Anyways, these two products come out March 31 and are available for pre-order now. Amazon Tap is available to pre-order for $129.99 [Direct Link] and Echo Dot is available for pre-order for $89.99 [Direct Link].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive and don't use any foul language. Feel free to share your ideas, feedback, experiences, and more. Please know that I will read them. Thanks!